The Ministries of our Church
Scholarships Available Through the
Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Sponsored by the North American Division of Seventh-day Adventists
- Eligibility: Full-time graduate students currently enrolled in a doctoral or masters degree program in the U.S., Canada, or Bermuda, and who are members of churches in Regional Conferences, or who are covered by Offices of Regional Ministries. (Members of Beacon Light qualify through the Pacific Union Conference Office of Regional Ministries)
- Amount: To be determined
- Application Forms: May be downloaded from http://www.nadadventist.org/article.php?id=98
- Deadline: December 1st. Mail application to: Pacific Union Conference, Office of Regional Affairs, 2686 Townsgate Road, P. O. Box 5005 92359-5005, Westlake Village, CA 91361-2701
- Sponsored by the North American Division of Seventh-day Adventist
- Eligibility: Hispanic/Latino students currently enrolled in a graduate professional school, who are citizens or permanent residents of the U.S. or Canada, and who are members of an SDA church.Amount: To be determined
- Application Forms: May be obtained from the Mt. Rubidoux education coordinator
- Deadline: March 1st. Mail application to: R. Ernest Castillo, NAD Vice President, 12501 Old Columbia Pike, Silver Spring, MD 20904
- Sponsored by Pacific Union Conference Office of Regional Ministries
- Eligibility: Students enrolled in a Seventh-day Adventist College or University
- Amount: Conference and college/university match the church’s contribution. Amount differs per school. For example, La Sierra University and Pacific Union College, up to $1000; Oakwood up to $200.
- Application Forms: May be obtained from the Beacon Light education coordinator. Deadline: November 1st. Return application to the Beacon Light education coordinator. You must attach your most recent tax return or other proof of income to the application.
- Sponsored by the Pacific Union Fred L. Baybarz and Carolyn C. Baybarz Education Scholarship Trust Fund
- Eligibility: Students currently enrolled in an SDA in the Pacific Union Conference, from elementary through college/university
- Amount: To be determined
- Application Forms: Contact your local academy or college/university financial aid office.
- Deadline: Not stated
Matilda “Syd” Nowell Barker Scholarship
- Sponsored by the children of Dr. Barker; administered by the Black Alumni of Loma Linda and La Sierra Universities (BALL)
- Eligibility and Requirements: Students of African descent currently enrolled in La Sierra or Loma Linda University; minimum GPA of 3.0; demonstration of community service; demonstration of financial need.
- Amount: $1000.00
- Application Form: May be obtained from the LLU Diversity Office
- Deadline: February 1st. Return application to the LLU Diversity Office